Star of the south [music] : an Australian national melody / written by Mrs. E.H. Dunlop ... ; the music composed by I. Nathan
- Bib ID:
- Nathan, Isaac, 1790-1864
- Online Version:
- National Library of Australia digitised item. MUS N JAF m 784.306 N274
- (Tho. Liley)
- Sydney : [s.n., 1842?]
- 1 score (8 p.) ; 37 cm.
- For chorus (SSTTBarB) and piano.
- "No. 5".
- "The music composed and, as a small token of grateful recollection of the hospitality experienced on his first landing in Australia Felix, respectfully inscribed to Mr Latrobe and the inhabitants of the district".
- Date estimated from article in Sydney Morning Herald, 9 August 1842, p. 2.
- Library's Sculthorpe copy lacks cover and is a photocopy.
- Also available online http://nla.gov.au/nla.obj-166000165
- MUS: N, JAF ; A, JAF.
- A copy bound with 24 other Nathan items.
- Other authors/contributors:
- Dunlop, Eliza Hamilton, 1796-1880
- Related Records:
Out of Copyright
- Reason for copyright status:
- Creator Date of Death is Before 1955
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Presumed date of death of creator (latest date):
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Dicky Dolus [music] : ... in the ... operatic farce of The Illustrious stranger ... / written by J. Kenney ; the music by I. Nathan
- Oh! I weep for the hour [music] / written by J. Kenney ; the music by I. Nathan
- Circumstance [music] / by Alfred Tennyson ; music by I. Nathan
- The currency lasses [music] : a song / words by ********** ; music composed by I. Nathan
- It is the hour [music] / the poetry by Lord Bryon ; the music by I. Nathan