The gift of kinship : structure and practice in Maring social organization / Edward LiPuma
- Bib ID:
- LiPuma, Edward, 1951-
- Online Version:
- Table of contents only
- Related Online Resources:
- Publisher description
- Cambridge ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 1988
- x, 241 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Full contents:
- Machine derived contents note: 1. The ethnographic context; 2. Substance and social exchange; 3. The natural cycle: food, land, and substance; 4. The structures of clanship; 5. Marriage exchange; 6. The making of the local group; 7. From ethnography to theory.
- Includes index.
- Bibliography: p. 234-238.
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Maring hunters and traders : production and exchange in the Papua New Guinea highlands / Christopher Healey
- A history of birds and animals and their Maring referents recorded in the Jimi Valley [microform]
- Pioneers of the mountain forest [microform] : settlement and land redistribution among the Kundagai Maring of Papua New Guinea / Christopher J. Healey
- Pigs for the ancestors; ritual in the ecology of a New Guinea people, by Roy A. Rappaport
- Displays of power: art and war among the Marings of New Guinea. With a design analysis of Maring Shields by Alexander Alland, Jr