[Portrait of Sir Roy Douglas Wright, 1980] [picture]/ Walters
- Bib ID:
- Walters, Wes, 1928-
- Online Version:
- National Library of Australia digitised item
- 1 drawing : pastel ; 75.5 x 50.8 cm (sheet)
Professor Roy Douglas ('Pansy') Wright (1907-1990), medical researcher, teacher, legendary wit and controversial civil liberties activist, was born near Ulverstone, Tasmania. Career included: graduate in Medicine, University of Melbourne, 1932; pathologist working with Howard Florey in Oxford, 1937-1939; Professor of Physiology, University of Melbourne, 1939-1971; played a leading role in the direction taken by Australian medical research; founding Director of the Australian Kidney Foundation, 1968; activist in the establishment of the Australia National University; Medical Director, Cancer Institute, Peter MacCallum Clinic, 1971-1975; Vice Chancellor, University of Melbourne, 1972-1980; Chancellor of the University of Melbourne, 1980-1989; knighted in 1983.
- Condition: good; image (approx. 40 x 27 cm.) is in the upper left corner of the sheet.
- Inscriptions: signed and dated 'Walters '80'--lower right.
- Title devised by cataloguer based on information supplied by donor.
- Also available online http://nla.gov.au/nla.obj-136572313
- Source of Acquisition:
- Gift of Dr Joseph Brown 2000
- Medical researchers.
- Copyright restrictions apply.
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Published status:
- Creation date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Portrait of Douglas Noble [picture] / Arthur Reston
- Mr. Douglas Gerrard [picture]
- Portrait of Douglas Sturkey taken during an oral history interview by Michael Wilson at the National Library of Australia, 18 July 2006 [picture] / Loui Seselja
- Collection of portraits of Douglas Sturkey taken during an oral history interview by Michael Wilson at the National Library of Australia, 18 July 2006 [picture] / Loui Seselja
- [Portrait of Douglas Anderson, August 1887 aged twenty years and four months] [picture]