The Aboriginal children's history of Australia / written and illustrated by Australia's Aboriginal children
- Bib ID:
- Adelaide : Rigby in association with Island Heritage, 1977
- 149 p. : col. ill. ; 27 cm.
- Marcie Muir collection of Australian children's books.
- Child's point of view library.
"This is a unique book. It is the story of Australia as told and illustrated by the Aboriginal children of Australia. It is the element of surprise and joy in what the children see and feel that makes this book unique. Through the natural simplicity of their words and paintings, they convey their enjoyment and enthusiasm for the land which has been theirs for over 40, 000 years... the story of Australia revealed in this book reflects the poetry and imagination of the children who tell it. It speaks in a language that will be understood by children and adults throughout the world"-- Book jacket.
- For children.
- Cited In:
- White, v. 2, 10
- Australian Aboriginal paintings. Paintings by children. Special subjects: Australia, to 1976. Illustrations
- Children's art -- Australia
- Aboriginal Australians -- Social life and customs
- Children, Aboriginal Australian -- Juvenile literature
- Literature and stories - Fiction
- Education - Teaching - Materials
- Stories and motifs
- Australia -- History -- Pictorial works
- Queensland (Qld)
- Western Australia (WA)
- Northern Territory (NT)
- New South Wales (NSW)
- South Australia (SA)
- Related Records:
This belongs to the Muir, Marcie. Marcie Muir collection of Australian children's books.
This collection contains 6,246 records.
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
- Reason for copyright status:
- Until 2047 [Created/Published Date + 70 Years]
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Aboriginal vision [picture] : contemporary Aboriginal art
- Aboriginal police aides
- The pictures that talk : a story about Aboriginal paintings / Adult Aboriginal Education, Technical Education Division, Education Department of W.A
- Aboriginal voices : contemporary Aboriginal artists, writers and performers / compiled by Liz Thompson
- Aboriginal Australia : an introduction for students