Manifest der Kommunistischen Partei ; veroffentlicht in Februar 1848
- Bib ID:
- Marx, Karl, 1818-1883
- London : R. Hirschfeld, 1848?
- 24 p. ; 22 cm.
- "Druck von R. Hirschfeld, English and foreign printer..." -- Imprint.
- Published anonymously.
- In collaboration with Friedrich Engels -- NUC Pre-1956.
- This item is not the 1848 1st ed. Leon Kashnor, the London bookseller, claims it is a forgery -- C.A. Burmester.
- Collation of 1st ed.p8s1 p4s2.-- (NUC. Pre-1956) This copy has no signatures.
- Note in the printed catalogue of the Kashnor Collection reads: "The excessively rare first edition. Only a few copies are known. Bound in full crushed Levant morocco by Zaenhnsdorf. "
- Library's copy has Cockerell marbled end-papers; leather bound with goffered edges.
- Spine title: Marx. Communist Manifesto. 1848.
- Entry for Marx in v. 2 of Library's Guide to the Collections, states that this item is not actually the 1848 ed. but a later (and unacknowledged) reprint. C.A. Burmester stated that Leon Kashnor, the London bookseller, said it was a forgery, but there is no mention of this in the 'Guide' entry for the Kashnor collection, v. 1.
- Other authors/contributors:
Out of Copyright
- Reason for copyright status:
- Creator Date of Death is Before 1955
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Presumed date of death of creator (latest date):
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library's reading room using your library card.