Papers of Aileen Palmer, 1935-1979 [manuscript]
- Bib ID:
- Palmer, Aileen, 1915-1988
- Related Online Resources:
- Finding aid available at National Library of Australia
- Access Conditions:
- Available for research. Not for loan.
- 2.38 m.
Family papers comprise correspondence of Nettie, Helen and Aileen Palmer, including letters written by Aileen Palmer during the Spanish Civil War, legal papers, passports and obituaries of Vance, Nettie and Helen Palmer. Correspondence includes letters of Katharine Susannah Prichard, Edith Young, Flora Edlershaw, Eleanor Dark, Guido Baracchi, Frank Dalby Davison, David Martin, Lesbia Harford, Stephen Murray-Smith, Lorraine Salmon, Eric Westbrook, C. Jollie-Smith and Jessie Macleod. Other papers consist of unpublished novels and poems of Aileen Palmer, diary notes, 'Nettie Palmer's book' (1948), family photographs and photographs taken during the Spanish Civil War.
Writer. Daughter of Vance and Nettie Palmer. Served in volunteer medical corps in Spanish Civil War (1935-1937) and remained in Europe until 1946.
- Manuscript reference no. : MS 6759.
- Cited In:
- Guide to collections of manuscripts relating to Australia ; E1.
- Index/Finding Aid Note:
- List available (2 p.).
- Time Coverage:
- Other authors/contributors:
If you wish to copy or order copies, contact us. For access conditions return to the record display above.
- Reason for copyright status:
- A Manuscript Collection may have a range of formats and dates.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.