Robert Drewe interviewed by Hazel de Berg in the Hazel de Berg collection [sound recording]
- Bib ID:
- Drewe, Robert, 1943-
- Access Conditions:
- Access open for research and personal copies; written permission required for public use during the lifetime of the interviewee.
- 1977 Oct. 18
- 1 sound tape reel (ca. 44 min.)
- Hazel de Berg collection.
Drewe speaks of his career as a journalist with the Bulletin ; of writing his novel "The savage crows" ; he discusses the central characters in this novel and describes his method when writing the book. Drewe speaks of his childhood and family life ; his first job in a newspaper environment ; his views on the Australian literary environment.
- Digital master available National Library of Australia
- Related Material:
- Additional interviews with Robert Drewe are available in the National Library of Australia's Oral History and Folklore Collection at ORAL TRC 2485/105 and ORAL TRC 6968.
- Index/Finding Aid Note:
- Transcript available (16 p.)
- Other authors/contributors:
- De Berg, Hazel, 1913-1984, interviewer
- Related Records:
Contact us for information about copying. For access conditions return to the record display above.
- Reason for copyright status:
- Until 2047 [Created/Published Date + 70 Years]
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Sound Recording
- Published status:
- Creation date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Robert Brown interviewed by Hazel de Berg in the Hazel de Berg collection [sound recording]
- Robert Drewe interviewed by Caroline Baum
- Robert Adamson interviewed by Hazel de Berg in the Hazel de Berg collection [sound recording]
- Ross Edwards interviewed by Hazel de Berg in the Hazel de Berg collection [sound recording]
- Trevor Vickers interviewed by Hazel de Berg for the Hazel de Berg collection [sound recording]