The Solemn League and Covenant, commonly call'd The Scotch Covenant [microform]
- Bib ID:
- Book and Microform
- Uniform Title:
- Solemn League and Covenant
- [London? : s.n., 1676]
- 1 sheet (2 p.)
- Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 721:16.
- Caption title.
- Signed at end: Ma. Nedham.
- After printing without any word of preface the Covenant, and the Negative Oath, Nedham observes "Thus you may see how the inclinations of Dis-affected Party were bent when the Covenant was made, and how solemnly it was taken by many of them ... How near this comes to our own times I leave it to the judicious reader to judge ..." Marchamont Nedham or Needham, a noted politician during the Civil Wars, appears to have printed the above paper. cf. Crawford, J.L.L. Cat. of Engl. broadsides 117.
- Reproduction of original in Huntington Library.
- Cited In:
- Wing N405
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University Microfilms, 1977. 1 microfilm reel. 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 721:16)
- Other authors/contributors:
- Nedham, Marchamont, 1620-1678
- Also Titled:
- Scotch Covenant
- Available From:
- University Microfilms International, 300 N. Zeeb Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48106.
Edition Out of Copyright
You may have full rights to copy, or may be able to copy only under some circumstances, for example a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
- Reason for copyright status:
- Since 1701
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Presumed date of death of creator (latest date):
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Presbytery. The Presbyterians entered into a covenant, a damnable covenant-. [microform]
- Presbytery. The Presbyterians entered into a covenant, a damnable covenant-. [electronic resource]
- The covenant sealed, or, A treatise of the sacraments of both covenants, polemicall and practicall [microform] : especially of the sacraments of the covenant of grace ... : together with a brief answer to Reverend Mr. Baxter's apology, in defence of the treatise of the covenant / by Thomas Blake
- The Solemn League and Covenant, commonly call'd The Scotch Covenant. [electronic resource]
- The Solemn League and Covenant, commonly call'd The Scotch Covenant [electronic resource]