Letters to Thistle Harris, 1939-1942 [manuscript]
- Bib ID:
- Stead, Christina, 1902-1983
- Access Conditions:
- Available for reference. Not for loan.
- 1 cm.
Two letters. 1. Letter of Christina Stead (New York) to Thistle Harris, 7 July 1939 (2 p.). Refers to mutual friends; ideas of David Stead and Bill Blake about doctors and health; autobiographical nature of "The man who loved children"; aversion to returning to Sydney; death of Bill Blake's mother. 2. Letter of Christina Stead (New York) to Thistle Harris, 6 April 1942 (2 p.). Refers to photographs; origins of characters in "The man who loved children"; David Stead; Bill Blake's business affairs.
Novelist. Christina Stead is the author of "The man who loved children" (1940) and other books. Thistle Harris (1902-1990) was a botanical writer, landscape designer and photographer. In 1951 she married David Stead, father of Christina Stead.
- Manuscript reference no. : NLA MS 8317.
- Time Coverage:
Contact us for information about copying. For access conditions return to the record display above.
- Reason for copyright status:
- Until 2053 [Creator Date of Death + 70 Years]
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Presumed date of death of creator (latest date):
- Published status:
- Creation date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- [Biographical cuttings on Thistle Yolette Harris, containing one or more cuttings from newspapers or journals]
- [Biographical cuttings on Thistle Harris Stead, author, containing one or more cuttings from newspapers or journals]
- [Biographical cuttings on Thistle Yolette Stead, author, containing one or more cuttings from newspapers or journals]
- Thistle Harris interviewed by Hazel de Berg in the Hazel de Berg collection [sound recording]
- [South Australia] 1:50 000 topographic series. 6128-III, 6127-IV, Thistle [cartographic material] / Department of Lands