Thistle Harris interviewed by Hazel de Berg in the Hazel de Berg collection [sound recording]
- Bib ID:
- Harris, Thistle Y. (Thistle Yolette), 1902-1990, interviewee
- Online Version:
- National Library of Australia digitised item
- Access Conditions:
- Access open for research, personal copies and public use.
- 1972 Jan. 7
- 1 sound tape reel (ca. 53 min.)
- Hazel de Berg collection ; DeB 574
Harris speaks of her studies in botany and zoology; her first teaching appointment; her involvement with conservationist organisations; her thesis topic: teaching of natural science in New South Wales schools; her book "Wild flowers of Australia"; her various publications on Australian flora; photographing plants; studying landscape design; her reasons for being devoted to conservationist issues.
- Also available online http://nla.gov.au/nla.obj-220821099
- Index/Finding Aid Note:
- Transcript available (20 p.)
- Other authors/contributors:
- De Berg, Hazel, 1913-1984, interviewer
- Related Records:
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
- Reason for copyright status:
- Until 2042 [Created/Published Date + 70 Years]
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Sound Recording
- Published status:
- Creation date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- [Biographical cuttings on Thistle Yolette Harris, containing one or more cuttings from newspapers or journals]
- [Biographical cuttings on Thistle Yolette Stead, author, containing one or more cuttings from newspapers or journals]
- Thistle Harris-Stead interviewed by Catherine Johnson in the NSW Bicentennial oral history collection [sound recording]
- Kel Stead, Ivy Stead and Thistle Harris Stead interviewed by Christine Williams in Christine Williams MS 8065 collection [sound recording]
- Letters to Thistle Harris, 1939-1942 [manuscript]