Australian joint copying project, 1560-1975 [microform] : microfilm of material in the Public Record Office, London, and manuscript material in other repositories, relating to Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific / filmed by the AJCP under the auspices of the National Library of Australia and the State Library of New South Wales
- Bib ID:
- Manuscript and Microform
- Sydney : State Library of N.S.W., 1948-1993
- 10,095 microfilm reels : positive ; 35 mm.
Official, business, church and private records dating from 1560 to 1975.
Established in 1945 by an agreement between the National Library of Australia and the State Library of New South Wales to jointly microfilm material in the Public Record Office, London and elsewhere relating to Australia and the Pacific. In 1988 the SLNSW withdrew from the project, which continued until June 1993 under the direction of the NLA and with the participation of the State Library of Victoria, the National Library of New Zealand, the National Archives of New Zealand and other Australian state and academic libraries. Final delivery of microfilm is expected in 1995.
- National Library of Australia holds microfilm master. Microfilm and guides available for sale.
- Citations should refer to original material and microfilm reel number. Example 1: PRO Series: CO 201/429. New South Wales. Original Correspondence. Despatches May-June 1850 (AJCP reel PRO 621). Example 2: M Series: Derby Central Library. Catton Papers. Unbound letters (AJCP reel M 791).
- Digital master available National Library of Australia;
- Index/Finding Aid Note:
- Australian Joint Copying Project Handbook. Pt. 1, General introduction: Shelf lists of copying in the Public Record Office and miscellaneous copying (also lists reels held by various libraries, particularly Australian state and university libraries); Pt. 2, Colonial Office; Pt. 3, Home Office; Pt. 4, War Office; Pt. 5, Foreign Office; Pt. 6, Exchequer and Audit Department, Privy Council Office, Board of Trade, Treasury; Pt. 7, Admiralty; Pt. 8, M Series (Miscellaneous copying); Pt. 9, Public Record Office Personal Collections; Pt. 10, Dominions Office.
- Time Coverage:
- Other authors/contributors:
- Also Titled:
- Related Records:
This is a collection.
This collection contains 10 records.
If you wish to copy or order copies, contact us.
- Reason for copyright status:
- A Manuscript Collection may have a range of formats and dates.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library's reading room using your library card.
- Australian Joint Copying Project handbook. Part 7, Admiralty - Class and piece list / National Library of Australia and the Library of New South Wales
- Australian Joint Copying Project handbook. Part 8, Miscellaneous (M series) / National Library of Australia and the State Library of New South Wales
- Miscellaneous American material, 17th-18th centuries [microform] : Lambeth Palace Library
- Australian Joint Copying Project handbook. Part 4. War Office. Introduction, class and piece list / National Library of Australia and the State Library of New South Wales
- The manuscript collection, National Library of Australia