Papers of Cecil R. Hall, 1909-1972 (bulk: 1924-1972) [manuscript]
- Bib ID:
- Hall, Cecil R., 1891-1974
- Related Online Resources:
- Finding aid at National Library of Australia
- Access Conditions:
- Available for research. Not for loan.
- 3.2 m. (23 boxes) + 1 folio.
The collection includes :- 1.Personal correspondence, 1909-72. Correspondents include Robert Menzies, William McMahon, Sir Robert Webster, Sir Daniel McVey, J.J. Dedman and Professor Arthur Dunstan. 2. Papers on the New South Wales Chamber of Manufactures, 1925-72, including correspondence with manufacturing companies, govt. depts., industry assocs & other State branches of Chamber of Manufactures; minutes; reports; speeches; papers on the Chamber's relations with the Tariff Board, the New Guard, Lend-Lease, the Women's Employment Board & The Nuclear Research Foundation; correspondence on the Ottawa Trade Negotiation Conference, 1937-38; & papers relating to arbitration & industrial relations. 3. Correspondence, research notes, biographical files, scrapbooks, photographs & drafts used by Hall in writing "The Manufacturers". 4. Papers relating to the Associated Chamber of Manufactures of Australia, 1925-69, e.g. reports, correspondence, minutes, speeches & memoranda.
5. Reports and correspondence concerning Hall's attendance at the 1939 New York World Fair as Australian Government Representative. 6. Papers re Hall's work as adviser to the Australian Employers' Delegation at the International Labour Organisation Conference, Geneva 1955. 7. Broadcast transcript "Menin Gate at midnight" on the painting "Menin Gate" by Will Longstaff.
Director of the New South Wales Chamber of Manufactures, 1936-1960. Acting Secretary of the Associated Chamber of Manufactures, 1939. Author of "The Manufacturers: Australian manufacturing achievements to 1960" (A&R, 1971).
- Manuscript reference no.: MS 8686.
- Cited In:
- Guide to collections of manuscripts relating to Australia ; E942
- Index/Finding Aid Note:
- Descriptive list available (18 p.)
- Time Coverage:
- Business professionals.
If you wish to copy or order copies, contact us. For access conditions return to the record display above.
- Reason for copyright status:
- A Manuscript Collection may have a range of formats and dates.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Menin Gate at midnight (or "The ghosts of Menin Gate") : the story of Captain Will Longstaff's great allegorical painting
- Menin Gate at midnight : the story of Captain Will Longstaff's great allegorical painting
- [Biographical cuttings on R.K. Gate, Australian Ambassador, containing one or more cuttings from newspapers or journals]
- Menin Gate [music] / Helen Gifford
- The Ypres (Menin Gate) memorial register : containing the names of those soldiers of the Empire who fell in Flanders during the Great War and having no known graves are commemorated on the Menin Gate / compiled and published by order of the Imperial War Graves Commission