In-Letters, 1841-1855 [microform]/ as filmed by the AJCP
- Bib ID:
- Manuscript and Microform
- Great Britain. War Office
- Online Version:
- National Library of Australia digitised item
- Canberra : Australian Joint Copying Project, [19--]
- 18 microfilm reels ; 35 mm.
- Australian Joint Copying Project part 4, WO 1.
Correspondence relevant to Australia and New Zealand, including despatches, letters and papers from Governors of Colonies, or government agencies to the Secretary-at-War, and after 1855 to Secretary of State for War. Subjects covered include pay and allowances for troops; construction of barracks; defence of Colonies; transportation to Western Australia of soldiers convicted under court martial; transference of Australian Command to Melbourne, 1853, and validity of courts martial for Maoris under military law.
- National Library of Australia holds microfilm master.
- Filmed as part of the Australian Joint Copying Project by the National Library of Australia and the Library of New South Wales.
- Selected pieces within class have been filmed in full.
- Public Record Office WO 1/431-598 (various)
- Also available online http://nla.gov.au/nla.obj-728684258
- Original held by Public Record Office, London.
- Cited In:
- Australian Joint Copying Project handbook. Part 4 : War Office - class and piece list, 2nd ed. p. 14.
- Great Britain. War Office -- Records and correspondence
- Great Britain. Army -- Pay, allowances, etc
- Penal transportation -- Western Australia
- Courts-martial and courts of inquiry -- New Zealand
- Maori (New Zealand people) -- Legal status, laws, etc
- Great Britain -- Colonies -- Australia -- Defenses
- Great Britain -- Colonies -- New Zealand -- Defenses
- Australia -- History, Military -- 19th century
- New Zealand -- History, Military -- 19th century
- Time Coverage:
- Other authors/contributors:
- Related Records:
This belongs to the War Office records (Australian Joint Copying Project)..
This collection contains 31 records.
Out of Copyright
- Reason for copyright status:
- Since 1925 [Created/Published Date + 70 Years]
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Headquarters Records, 1841-1855 [microform]/ as filmed by the AJCP
- Index of Incoming Correspondence, 1812-1870 [microform]/ as filmed by the AJCP
- Monthly Returns, 1790-1865 [microform]/ as filmed by the AJCP
- Out-letters. Secretary -at-War, 1789-1853 [microform]/ as filmed by the AJCP
- Register of Acts, 1782-1892 [microform]/ as filmed by the AJCP