Out-letters. Secretary -at-War, 1789-1853 [microform]/ as filmed by the AJCP
- Bib ID:
- Manuscript and Microform
- Great Britain. War Office
- Online Version:
- National Library of Australia digitised item
- Canberra : Australian Joint Copying Project, [19--]
- 5 microfilm reels ; 35 mm.
- Australian Joint Copying Project part 4, WO 4.
Correspondence to officers and Public Deparoments covering matters relating to Australian Colonies and New Zealand. Covers issues such as conditions of service to encourage soldiers to settle in Australia, New Zealand and the Cape, facets of life of a soldier in the Colonies, emigration of military pensioners particularly to New Zealand.
- National Library of Australia holds microfilm master.
- Filmed as part of the Australian Joint Copying Project by the National Library of Australia and the Library of New South Wales.
- Pieces 845-846 relevant to New South Wales Corps copied in full: only extracts from other selected pieces have been filmed.
- Public Record Office WO 4/284-846 (various)
- Also available online https://nla.gov.au/nla.obj-728684934
- Original held by Public Record Office, London.
- Cited In:
- Australian Joint Copying Project handbook. Part 2 : War Office - class and piece list, 2nd ed. p. 14.
- Index/Finding Aid Note:
- More detailed list
- Great Britain. War Office -- Records and correspondence
- Great Britain. Army. New South Wales Corps
- Great Britain. Army -- Demobilization
- Australia -- History, Military -- 1788-1851
- New Zealand -- History, Military -- 19th century
- New Zealand -- Emigration and immigration
- Cape of Good Hope (South Africa) -- Emigration and immigration
- Time Coverage:
- Other authors/contributors:
- Related Records:
This belongs to the War Office records (Australian Joint Copying Project)..
This collection contains 31 records.
Out of Copyright
- Reason for copyright status:
- Since 1923 [Created/Published Date + 70 Years]
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Monthly Returns, 1790-1865 [microform]/ as filmed by the AJCP
- Land and Emigration Commission, etc., 1833-1894 [microform]/ as filmed by the AJCP
- In-Letters, 1841-1855 [microform]/ as filmed by the AJCP
- Headquarters Records, 1841-1855 [microform]/ as filmed by the AJCP
- Emigration : Original correspondence, 1817-1896 [microform]/ as filmed by the AJCP