Martu Wangka-English dictionary / compiled by James Marsh
- Bib ID:
- Marsh, James, 1937-
- Darwin : Summer Institute of Linguistics. Australian Aborigines Branch, 1992
- 441 p. ; 29 cm.
- "Based on the wangka shared by the speakers of Martu Wangka"
- Produced with the assistance of the Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies.
- Martu Wangka is spoken mainly at Jigalong, Western Australia, but there are also speakers at other centres such as Wiluna, Balgo, Fitzroy Crossing, Strelley and La Grange.
- Aboriginal Australians -- Western Australia -- Languages
- Martu Wangka language -- Dictionaries -- English
- Nyangumarta / Nyangumarda people (A61) (WA SF51-10)
- Nyiyaparli people (A50) (WA SF51-13)
- Language - Vocabulary - Plant names
- Putijarra language (A54) (WA SG51-02)
- Martuwangka people (A6) (WA SH51-10)
- Language - Linguistics - Language classification
- Language - Linguistics - Phonology and phonetics - Orthography and spelling
- Martuwangka language (A6) (WA SH51-10)
- Mandjindja / Mantjintjarra / Manjiljarra language (A33) (WA SG52-13)
- Nyiyaparli language (A50) (WA SF51-13)
- Kartujarra language (A51) (WA SF51-14)
- Warnman people (A62) (WA SF51-11)
- Language - Vocabulary - Dictionaries and glossaries
- Kartujarra people (A51) (WA SF51-14)
- Nyangumarta / Nyangumarda language (A61) (WA SF51-10)
- Language - Vocabulary - Animal names
- Putijarra people (A54) (WA SG51-02)
- Warnman language (A62) (WA SF51-11)
- Mandjindja / Mantjintjarra / Manjiljarra people (A33) (WA SG52-13)
- Language - Linguistics - Grammar and syntax
- Western Desert (WA SF51, SF52, SG51, SG52)
- Other authors/contributors:
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Road to health
- Yuwali Nixon paints her country, Parnngurr, Western Australia, 2009 / Tobias Titz
- The phonetics of Wa : experimental phonetics, phonology, orthography and sociolinguistics / Justin Watkins
- Man's many voices; language in its cultural context
- Historical linguistics 2001 : selected papers from the 15th International Conference on Historical Linguistics, Melbourne, 13-17 August 2001 / edited by Barry J. Blake, Kate Burridge, with the assistance of Jo Taylor