Registers of St. Mary's Cathedral, Sydney, 1845-1903 [microform]
- Bib ID:
- Manuscript and Microform
- St. Mary's Cathedral (Sydney, N.S.W.)
- Access Conditions:
- Available for information and research.
- 6 microfilm reels ; 35 mm.
- Society of Australian Genealogists (Series) ; SAG 0200-0205.
Catholic church registers covering the years 1845-1903 for baptisms, marriages and burials administered at St Mary’s Cathedral, Sydney, New South Wales, with indexes.
- Full contents:
- SAG 0200. Baptisms: 1 January, 1846-6 October, 1848, also lists of persons received into the church, 1856-1858, 1868 (one only), 1848; 1 January, 1854-23 February, 1861, including entries for St. Benedict’s Church, Broadway and Sacred Heart Church, Darlinghurst.
- SAG 0201. Baptisms: 1861-1864; 1864-1868; 1869-1875; St. Patrick’s Church, Grosvenor Street. Baptisms: 22 May, 1861-27 November, 1861; Sacred Heart Church, Darlinghurst. Baptisms: 5 January, 1861-12 October, 1865; St. Benedict’s Church, Broadway.
- Baptisms: 22 June, 1861-16 December, 1865.
- SAG 0202. Baptisms: 28 October, 1875-5 December, 1900.
- SAG 0203. Marriages: 30 November, 1858-16 October, 1860; 2 May 1861-19 September, 1863; 21 September, 1863-13 February, 1865; 26 August, 1869-7 November, 1874.
- SAG 0204. Marriages: 20 January, 1881-29 November, 1890; 2 December, 1890-19 July, 1898; 27 July, 1898-2 June, 1903.
- SAG 0205. Burials: 1 January, 1845-31 December, 1853; also statistics on deaths in 1848; 2 January, 1846-22 October, 1848; 2 January, 1846-13 December, 1853; 23 August, 1865-17 August, 1888.
- Title devised by cataloguer based on title frames and accompanying documentation.
- "Society of Australian Genealogists Microfilming Project".
- Earlier records of St Mary’s Cathedral are filmed on SAG 0006-0014.
- Microfilmed from originals held at: Catholic Archdiocese of Sydney Archive Office, St Mary's Road, Sydney.
- Microfilm. Balgowlah, N.S.W. : W. & F. Pascoe Pty. Ltd. for the Society of Australian Genealogists, 1987. 6 microfilm reels ; 35 mm.
- St. Mary's Cathedral (Sydney, N.S.W.) -- Registers
- Baptismal records -- New South Wales -- Sydney -- Registers
- Marriage records -- New South Wales -- Sydney -- Registers
- Burial records -- New South Wales -- Sydney -- Registers
- Church records and registers -- New South Wales -- Sydney
- New South Wales -- Genealogy
- Time Coverage:
- Other authors/contributors:
- Copying of individual frames for research purposes only permitted.
If you wish to copy or order copies, contact us. For access conditions return to the record display above.
- Reason for copyright status:
- A Manuscript Collection may have a range of formats and dates.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Registers of St. James' Anglican Church, King Street, Sydney, N.S.W., 1835-1925 [microform]
- Registers of St. James' Church of England, King Street, Sydney, 1824-1963 [microform]
- Registers of Christ Church St Lawrence [sic], Sydney, 1838-1901 [microform]
- Registers of Christ Church St. Laurence, Sydney, N.S.W., 1838-1963 [microform]
- Baptismal register of St. James' Church of England, King Street, Sydney, 1854-1924 [microform]